Former Gates Rubber Plant
- Three parcels totaling over 41 acres near Santa Fe and I-25 in bustling south-central Denver.
- Former location of the Gates Rubber Plant, the site has significant soil and groundwater contamination.
- Located at the Broadway & I-25 light rail station, the busiest in the city’s 44-station light rail system with over 14,000 riders per month, serving downtown, Denver Tech Center, and Littleton.
Unlocking Property Value:
- Comprehensive risk management, protecting the seller and future buyers/developers.
- Thorough, responsible environmental engineering and cleanup of soil and groundwater.
- One of the city’s highest priority Transit-Oriented Development sites.
- Remediation work continues with the clean up of remaining contaminates in the soil and maintaining an existing ground water remediation system.
- Demolition of onsite structures concludes in fall 2014.
- Working with the city and county of Denver and taking part in a community process to discuss the future of the site over the next year.